The Church of St Mary’s, Surlingham is one of 124 existing round-tower churches in Norfolk. As well as being a place of worship it hosts a variety of community events, from ‘messy church’ to concerts. The adjacent Church Marsh nature reserve is overlooked by the ruins of St Saviour’s church. Dating from the 12th century, St. Saviour’s was in regular use until 1705. Norfolk naturalist Ted Ellis is buried in the church grounds.
Search the site
- JANUARY MENU & EVENTS at COLDHAM HALL
- CHRISTMAS & JANUARY OPENING HOURS at COLDHAM HALL
- Christmas Carols at the Ferry House, Surlingham
- Parish Council November Minutes
- Parish Council Agenda
- Messy Church in the Christmas Holidays
- FOSS Christmas Raffle – fantastic prizes! Grab your tickets now!
- Winter Walk this afternoon with South Yare Wildlife Group
- 1 day to go until the festive, fun FOSS Christmas Fayre!
- CHRISTMAS MENU at COLDHAM HALL Special Offer for Surlingham.org subscribers
- Carol Service 21/12/2014 at 16:00 – 17:00 Saint Mary's Surlingham
- Holy Communion 25/12/2014 at 11:00 – 12:00 Saint Mary's Surlingham
- Quiz: New Inn Rockland 25/12/2014 at 19:30 – 21:00
- Massy Church 30/12/2014 at 10:30 – 12:00 Saint Mary's Surlingham
- Folk at the Ferry 04/01/2015 at 20:00 – 21:00
- Men's Mid-day Mardle 07/01/2015 at 12:00 – 14:00 Surlingham Ferry
- Morning Worship 11/01/2015 at 11:00 – 12:00 Saint Mary's Surlingham