The Church of St Mary’s, Surlingham is one of 124 existing round-tower churches in Norfolk. As well as being a place of worship it hosts a variety of community events, from ‘messy church’ to concerts. The adjacent Church Marsh nature reserve is overlooked by the ruins of St Saviour’s church. Dating from the 12th century, St. Saviour’s was in regular use until 1705. Norfolk naturalist Ted Ellis is buried in the church grounds.
Search the site
- Volunteers for Village Regatta needed
- Collection of old clothes, shoes, bags etc for FOSS Tue 13th Oct.
- FREE FIREWORK DISPLAY AT THE FERRY HOUSE – ALL WELCOME!!!
- HALLOWEEN PARTY at COLDHAM HALL – Saturday 31st October 2015
- Halloween at The Ferry House!
- Parish Council September Minutes
- CHRISTMAS MENU at COLDHAM HALL – available 1st – 23rd December 2015
- Sunbeams Preschool Half Term activity Friday 30th October
- Tiny Acorns – join us for some woodland play!
- New organisation: Wheatfen Forest School
- Carpet Bowles Friday meeting 16/10/2015 at 19:00 – 22:00 Surlingham Village Hall
- Quiz night at the Ferry with Quizmaster Paul 16/10/2015 at 19:45 – 22:00
- Beetle Drive & fish and chip supper 17/10/2015 Surlingham Ferryn1 Ferry RoadnNorwichnEnglandnNR14 7AR
- Holy Communion 18/10/2015 at 11:00 – 12:00 St. Mary's church
- Over 60's gentle exercise 20/10/2015 at 14:15 – 15:15 Parish Hall
- Carpet Bowls 20/10/2015 at 15:30 – 16:30 Parish Hall
- Parish Council Meeting 20/10/2015 at 19:30 – 21:00 Surlingham Village Hall