The Church of St Mary’s, Surlingham is one of 124 existing round-tower churches in Norfolk. As well as being a place of worship it hosts a variety of community events, from ‘messy church’ to concerts. The adjacent Church Marsh nature reserve is overlooked by the ruins of St Saviour’s church. Dating from the 12th century, St. Saviour’s was in regular use until 1705. Norfolk naturalist Ted Ellis is buried in the church grounds.
Search the site
- Round Tower Churches tour Sat 5th Sept
- Dog Show and display at Surlingham Fayre – September 5, 2015
- Come dine with me comes to Norfolk
- Best Dressed Bicycle Competition – Surlingham Fayre – Saturday September 5
- Spectacles found in the street
- Norfolk Churches Trust Bike Ride
- VOTE for COLDHAM HALL in the Norfolk Food & Drink Awards – 4 days left to vote!
- County Councillor’s report.
- Parish Council Minutes
- Over 60's gentle exercise 01/09/2015 at 14:15 – 15:15 Parish Hall
- Short Mat Bowls 01/09/2015 at 15:30 – 16:30 Parish Hall
- Men's Mid-day Mardle 02/09/2015 at 12:00 – 14:00 Surlingham Ferry
- W.I. 03/09/2015 at 19:30 – 21:30 Parish Hall
- Surlingham Fayre 05/09/2015 Surlingham
- Holy Communion 06/09/2015 at 08:30 – 09:30 St. Mary's church
- Folk at the Ferry 06/09/2015 at 20:00 – 22:00