The Church of St Mary’s, Surlingham is one of 124 existing round-tower churches in Norfolk. As well as being a place of worship it hosts a variety of community events, from ‘messy church’ to concerts. The adjacent Church Marsh nature reserve is overlooked by the ruins of St Saviour’s church. Dating from the 12th century, St. Saviour’s was in regular use until 1705. Norfolk naturalist Ted Ellis is buried in the church grounds.
Search the site
- The Water Rats at Coldham Hall – tomorrow night, Saturday 25th July, don’t miss out!
- Summer Opening Hours at Coldham Hall – OPEN ALL DAY EVERY DAY this Summer!
- Affinity Fuel
- P.C. Agenda
- Vote for COLDHAM HALL in the Norfolk Food and Drink Awards 2015
- THE WATER RATS at COLDHAM HALL – Saturday 25th July 2015
- The Water Rats Jazz Band to perform at The Ferry House!
- An Afternoon with Bob! At The Ferry House
- “An Evening With Bob” – 12th July at the Ferry starting at 1600
- Progressive Supper
- Holy Communion 02/08/2015 at 08:30 – 09:30 St. Mary's church
- Group Service 02/08/2015 at 11:00 – 12:00 To be advised
- Folk at the Ferry 02/08/2015 at 20:00 – 22:00
- Over 60's gentle exercise 04/08/2015 at 14:15 – 15:15 Parish Hall
- Short Mat Bowls 04/08/2015 at 15:30 – 16:30 Parish Hall
- Men's Mid-day Mardle 05/08/2015 at 12:00 – 15:00 Surlingham Ferry
- W.I. 06/08/2015 at 19:30 – 21:30 Parish Hall