The Church of St Mary’s, Surlingham is one of 124 existing round-tower churches in Norfolk. As well as being a place of worship it hosts a variety of community events, from ‘messy church’ to concerts. Howver, it lacks basic facilities and villagers are currently trying to raise the funds to build a kitchen and toilet extension. The adjacent Church Marsh nature reserve is overlooked by the ruins of St Saviour’s church. Dating from the 12th century, St. Saviour’s was in regular use until 1705. Norfolk naturalist Ted Ellis is buried in the church grounds.
Search the site
- Variety Concert with Music For Malawi
- RSM&S action group forthcoming events.
- COLDHAM HALL 4 Year Anniversary Party THIS FRIDAY (7th March)
- Mobile Library new timetable
- New pictures of the inside of the Church extension
- Steel toe-cap wellies size 8 free to a good home
- Water’s Edge Murder Mystery Dinner – Friday 21 March
- MARCH EVENTS at COLDHAM HALL
- Phone no. for quiz tickets should be 538, not 438
- Village quiz – Sat 15th March. How to get tickets!
- Framingham Variety Concert 13/03/2014 at 19:00 – 22:00 Sainsbury Centre, UEA
- St Patricks Night 15/03/2014 at 18:00 – 21:00 Coldham Hall
- Village Quiz 15/03/2014 at 18:30 – 22:00 Surlingham Ferry
- Lee Vasey at The Ferry 16/03/2014 at 16:00 – 18:30
- St Patrick's Day event 17/03/2014 Water's Edge, Woods End