The Church of St Mary’s, Surlingham is one of 124 existing round-tower churches in Norfolk. As well as being a place of worship it hosts a variety of community events, from ‘messy church’ to concerts. The adjacent Church Marsh nature reserve is overlooked by the ruins of St Saviour’s church. Dating from the 12th century, St. Saviour’s was in regular use until 1705. Norfolk naturalist Ted Ellis is buried in the church grounds.
Search the site
- Parish Councillor
- Surlingham has a new book club
- Apprentice Chef & Kitchen Porter vacancies at Coldham Hall
- Easter Sunday at Coldham Hall – Easter Egg Hunt & Easter Bonnet competition
- Light Pollution
- P.C. Minutes
- THIS WEEKEND: The Bramrocks present, ‘Single Spies’ by Alan Bennett
- LEE VASEY at The Ferry House!
- The Doohickies at The Ferry House!
- Reminder: Bingo this Friday. Just 50p for ten games!
- Over 60's gentle exercise 31/03/2015 at 14:15 – 15:15 Parish Hall
- Short Mat Bowls 31/03/2015 at 15:30 – 16:30 Parish Hall
- Men's Mid-day Mardle 01/04/2015 at 12:00 – 15:00 Surlingham Ferry
- W.I. 02/04/2015 at 19:30 – 21:30 Parish Hall
- Good Friday service at RSM 03/04/2015 at 15:30 – 16:30 Rockland St. Mary
- Easter Sunday at Bramerton 05/04/2015 at 09:30 – 10:30 Bramerton St. Peter's
- Folk at the Ferry 05/04/2015 at 20:00 – 22:00