The church of St Mary’s, Surlingham is one of 124 existing round-tower churches in Norfolk. As well as being a place of worship it hosts a variety of community events, from ‘messy church’ to concerts. Howver, it lacks basic facilities and villagers are currently trying to raise the funds to build a kitchen and toilet extension. The adjacent Church Marsh nature reserve is overlooked by the ruins of St Saviour’s church. Dating from the 12th century, St. Saviour’s was in regular use until 1705. Norfolk naturalist Ted Ellis is buried in the church grounds.
- Moules Night Specials – Every Day with month with an ‘R’ in it @ The Water’s Edge, Bramerton
- Carol Singing on Thursday 12 December @ The Water’s Edge Bar & Restaurant, Bramerton.
- Art Club Winter Exhibition at St Mary’s Surlingham this weekend !
- PARISH HALL CLEANER – VACANCY
- COMMUNITY Messy Church for children and ADULTS!
- FOSS Christmas Raffle – Lots of fantastic prizes to win!
- Reminder – Can you help Surlingham School by using easyfundraising.org.uk?
- This week at The Ferry House
- Photo gallery of progress on the Church extension
- CURRY NIGHT TONIGHT at COLDHAM HALL
- Broadnotes Christmas Music Concert
- Old photos of Surlingham for Surlingham.org
- Hedge planting with South Yare WIldlife Group
- Tonight at The Ferry 6 yrs celebration