The Church of St Mary’s, Surlingham is one of 124 existing round-tower churches in Norfolk. As well as being a place of worship it hosts a variety of community events, from ‘messy church’ to concerts. The adjacent Church Marsh nature reserve is overlooked by the ruins of St Saviour’s church. Dating from the 12th century, St. Saviour’s was in regular use until 1705. Norfolk naturalist Ted Ellis is buried in the church grounds.
Search the site
- Does anyone know where can I get horse manure locally?
- Men’s Mid Day Mardle Wednesday 1st July @ 1200
- Temporary closure of road from A146 -details
- Children’s Fun Day – 12th July at Wheatfen
- Progressive Supper -Photo Gallery
- DON’T FORGET…. It’s the Progressive Supper this Saturday – 27th JUNE
- Review of Allundé Concert
- Scarecrow Trail – 2015 Photos now on Surlingham.org
- Scarecrow Trail RESULTS are in!!!
- Quiz night at Claxton village hall July 4th
- W.I. 02/07/2015 at 19:30 – 21:30 Parish Hall
- Holy Communion 05/07/2015 at 08:30 – 09:30 St. Mary's church
- Folk at the Ferry 05/07/2015 at 20:00 – 22:00
- Coldham Hall Sailing Club - Try Sailing 09/07/2015 at 18:30 – 20:30 Coldham Hall TavernnColdham Hall CarnsernNorwichnEnglandnNR14 Phone Ian on: 01508 528927
- Ted Ellis - Children's Fun Day 12/07/2015 at 13:00 – 16:00
- Coldham Hall Sailing Club - Try Sailing 16/07/2015 at 18:30 – 20:30 Coldham Hall TavernnColdham Hall CarnsernNorwichnEnglandnNR14 Phone Ian on: 01508 528927
- Holy Communion 19/07/2015 at 11:00 – 12:00 St. Mary's church