The Church of St Mary’s, Surlingham is one of 124 existing round-tower churches in Norfolk. As well as being a place of worship it hosts a variety of community events, from ‘messy church’ to concerts. The adjacent Church Marsh nature reserve is overlooked by the ruins of St Saviour’s church. Dating from the 12th century, St. Saviour’s was in regular use until 1705. Norfolk naturalist Ted Ellis is buried in the church grounds.
Search the site
- COUNTY COUNCILLOR’S REPORT
- PARISH COUNCIL MINUTES
- THIS SUNDAY (4th December) – pop up Christmas makers market
- Come and join in the Seasonal Sing at the Ferry House with the Broadnotes Choir- a date for your diary!
- Still time to have your say on police budget
- oh yes it is!
- Eleven Says Dec 2016 – Jan 2017
- Norfolk’s Pub Dogs-Surlingham Ferry
- Pop up Christmas Makers’ Market – Sunday 4 December 11-4
- NEW WINTER MENU at COLDHAM HALL
- Miss Muffet Bramrocks Panto. Tickets from RSM Shop 04/12/2016 at 14:30 – 17:00 Margaret Mack Rooms, Rockland
- Folk at the Ferry 04/12/2016 at 20:00 – 22:00
- Over 60's gentle exercise 06/12/2016 at 14:15 – 15:15 Parish Hall
- Carpet Bowls 06/12/2016 at 15:30 – 16:30 Parish Hall
- Men's Mid-day Mardle 07/12/2016 at 12:00 – 14:00 Surlingham Ferry
- Canine Christmas Party at Ferry House 10/12/2016 at 13:00 – 14:00
- Family worship 11/12/2016 at 11:00 – 12:00 St. Mary's church