The Church of St Mary’s, Surlingham is one of 124 existing round-tower churches in Norfolk. As well as being a place of worship it hosts a variety of community events, from ‘messy church’ to concerts. The adjacent Church Marsh nature reserve is overlooked by the ruins of St Saviour’s church. Dating from the 12th century, St. Saviour’s was in regular use until 1705. Norfolk naturalist Ted Ellis is buried in the church grounds.
Search the site
- Harvest Bosseln
- Paving flags/slabs 50p each + free builders sand!
- Parish council documents now online
- Creative writing group starts 26th September
- PARISH COUNCIL AGENDA
- A HUGE FESTIVAL THANK YOU!!
- SING SING SING
- First Unsung Hero of Surlingham
- New video of St Mary’s Church
- Coming soon: creative writing group in Surlingham
- Over 60's gentle exercise 27/09/2016 at 14:15 – 15:15 Parish Hall
- Carpet Bowls 27/09/2016 at 15:30 – 16:30 Parish Hall
- Holy Communion 02/10/2016 at 08:30 – 09:30 St. Mary's church
- Group Service 02/10/2016 at 11:00 – 12:00 To be advised
- Folk at the Ferry 02/10/2016 at 20:00 – 22:00
- Over 60's gentle exercise 04/10/2016 at 14:15 – 15:15 Parish Hall
- Carpet Bowls 04/10/2016 at 15:30 – 16:30 Parish Hall