|Message from Norfolk Constabulary|
|Fraudsters need just three pieces of personal information to steal your identity, most of which can be found on your Facebook profile.
All it takes is your name, date of birth and address for fraudsters to steal your identity and access your bank accounts, take out loans or take out mobile phones in your name. Recent YouGov research has revealed that a high proportion of social media users risk identity theft by giving fraudsters easy access to this type of personal information. The survey found that almost 30% of adults with a social media account include their full name and date of birth on their profile pages.
Finding out your age and where you live Even if you don’t publicly show your age on your Facebook profile, fraudsters can still work out your age from people wishing you well on your timeline. Once they have your date of birth, they can find out where you live too.
John Marsden, head of ID and fraud at Equifax, said: “People must act now to protect their finances for the long term. More adults in the UK are engaging with social media than ever before, especially on their smartphones, and a high number are readily sharing their personal information on these platforms.” My advice to consumers is to be social savvy; avoid unnecessarily sharing personal details and risking your identity on platforms that can so easily be exploited.
Search the site
- Mobile library service under threat
- Are you the parent or carer of a 2 year old?
- Walnut hill closed at Village Hall 14th 20th August 2018
- Live music Saturday 22nd September. World Without End
- Surlingham Newsletter No. 75 (August to September 2018)
- Warning – Power Cables entangled in tree on Walnut Hill
- Wallet lost on the Covey
- Summer walk and picnic on Saturday 11th August
- Last cafe and riverside walk event this year
- Road Hazard
- Parish Council Meeting 21/08/2018 at 19:30 – 21:00
- Carpet Bowls 24/08/2018 at 18:45 – 21:45 Parish Hall
- Morning Prayer 26/08/2018 at 11:00 – 12:00 St. Mary's church
- Lee Vasey at the Ferry 26/08/2018 at 16:00 – 18:30 Surlingham Ferryn1 Ferry RoadnSurlinghamnNorfolknNR14 7ARnUnited Kingdom
- Carpet Bowls 31/08/2018 at 18:45 – 21:45 Parish Hall
- Village Fayre 01/09/2018 at 13:30 – 16:00 Padmaloka This year's fayre will once again be held in the beautiful gardens of Padmaloka, The Covey, Surlingham. Join us to enjoy: refreshments with home-made cakes and Padmaloka quiches stalls selling artwork and crafts; books and dvds; home-made cakes; Padmaloka bread, and more games and activities including: coconut shy; wellie wanging; smash a plate; bouncy castle…
- Holy Communion 02/09/2018 at 08:30 – 09:30 St. Mary's church