|Message from Norfolk Constabulary|
|Fraudsters need just three pieces of personal information to steal your identity, most of which can be found on your Facebook profile.
All it takes is your name, date of birth and address for fraudsters to steal your identity and access your bank accounts, take out loans or take out mobile phones in your name. Recent YouGov research has revealed that a high proportion of social media users risk identity theft by giving fraudsters easy access to this type of personal information. The survey found that almost 30% of adults with a social media account include their full name and date of birth on their profile pages.
Finding out your age and where you live Even if you don’t publicly show your age on your Facebook profile, fraudsters can still work out your age from people wishing you well on your timeline. Once they have your date of birth, they can find out where you live too.
John Marsden, head of ID and fraud at Equifax, said: “People must act now to protect their finances for the long term. More adults in the UK are engaging with social media than ever before, especially on their smartphones, and a high number are readily sharing their personal information on these platforms.” My advice to consumers is to be social savvy; avoid unnecessarily sharing personal details and risking your identity on platforms that can so easily be exploited.
Search the site
- Surlingham Newsletter No.68 June to July 2017
- Q: What do you call a cow with no legs? A: Ground Beef
- American friends
- Made in Surlingham: the World’s best wine
- Church News. May 21st 2017
- Surlingham Village Tea Party 3-5pm June 17th 2017
- Quiz at Claxton 17th June
- Parish Council Minutes 16 May 2017
- Q: How do pigs write top secret messages? A: With invisible oink
- River Walk and Pop up Café July 8th and July 30th 2pm-4.30pm
- Morning Prayer 28/05/2017 at 11:00 – 12:00 St. Mary's church
- Lee Vasey at the Ferry 28/05/2017 at 16:30 – 18:00 Surlingham Ferryn1 Ferry RoadnSurlinghamnNorfolknNR14 7ARnUnited Kingdom
- W.I. 01/06/2017 at 19:30 – 21:30 Parish Hall
- Holy Communion 04/06/2017 at 08:30 – 09:30 St. Mary's church
- Group Service 04/06/2017 at 11:00 – 12:00 To be advised
- Folk at the Ferry 04/06/2017 at 20:00 – 22:00
- Try Sailing 08/06/2017 at 18:30 – 20:00 Coldham Hall sailing Club