|A new project is being launched by Norfolk Constabulary’s seven Engagement Officers in a bid to build stronger links with local communities.
Called ‘Community SOS’, they will as a group give up a day, when not on duty, to assist with a local project in their district.
The officers have been in post for a year, with their roles supporting existing community relationships by growing new local activities and providing enhanced visibility in every district. This is through the use of social media, Police Connect and frequent face-to-face meetings.
The seven officers are:
• PC Emily Carter – King’s Lynn and West Norfolk
PC Jim Squires said “We have just launched this initiative and need your help!
“We are looking for a community project for each of the seven districts, which could do with a little help.
“If you have a village hall that needs a re-paint or an over-grown garden that needs tidying up, we want to come along and help for the day.
“The Police Cadets are also available to come and help if it requires more man-power.”
The closing date for people to send their ‘Community SOS’ request in is Tuesday 31 October 2017. The Engagement Officers will then choose one project to help with in each district and will contact the coordinator directly to arrange dates and times.
If you have a project suitable for this, please send a brief, which is no more than 500 words, along with any pictures to: email@example.com by the closing date.
Search the site
- Last Chance – Appointment of Trustees to combined Surlingham Charities
- Greater Norwich Local Plan – Roadshows
- BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND!
- Reported broadband scam
- Coldham Hall Open!
- Tiny Acorns Toddler Group returns starting this Wednesday & Friday!
- A Spring Rook Ramble
- Kickstart – Moped Hire Scheme
- Councillor Peter Hiscocks – RIP
- South Norfolk Older People’s Forum
- Morning Prayer 25/02/2018 at 11:00 – 12:00 St. Mary's church
- W.I. 01/03/2018 at 19:30 – 21:30 Parish Hall
- Holy Communion 04/03/2018 at 08:30 – 09:30 St. Mary's church
- Group Service 04/03/2018 at 11:00 – 12:00 To be advised
- Folk at the Ferry 04/03/2018 at 20:00 – 22:00
- Men's Mid-day Mardle 07/03/2018 at 12:00 – 14:00 Surlingham Ferry
- Volunteer Taster Day at Wheatfen, The Ted Ellis Trust 10/03/2018 at 10:00 – 15:00 The Covey, Surlingham, Norwich, Norfolk, NR14 7AL For further information or to book a place please phone the Warden on 01508 538036. Wheatfen - The Covey, Surlingham, Norwich, Norfolk, NR147AL