|A new project is being launched by Norfolk Constabulary’s seven Engagement Officers in a bid to build stronger links with local communities.
Called ‘Community SOS’, they will as a group give up a day, when not on duty, to assist with a local project in their district.
The officers have been in post for a year, with their roles supporting existing community relationships by growing new local activities and providing enhanced visibility in every district. This is through the use of social media, Police Connect and frequent face-to-face meetings.
The seven officers are:
• PC Emily Carter – King’s Lynn and West Norfolk
PC Jim Squires said “We have just launched this initiative and need your help!
“We are looking for a community project for each of the seven districts, which could do with a little help.
“If you have a village hall that needs a re-paint or an over-grown garden that needs tidying up, we want to come along and help for the day.
“The Police Cadets are also available to come and help if it requires more man-power.”
The closing date for people to send their ‘Community SOS’ request in is Tuesday 31 October 2017. The Engagement Officers will then choose one project to help with in each district and will contact the coordinator directly to arrange dates and times.
If you have a project suitable for this, please send a brief, which is no more than 500 words, along with any pictures to: firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date.
Search the site
- Surlingham Parish Council – Agenda 19 November 2019
- Senior and Grandparent Meal
- “The Spirit of Xmas” fair at Teles Patisserie and Yare Valley Farm
- Christmas cards, kindling and chocs.. all at the village shop ..
- Fish and chips quiz night – Surlingham tornadoes Fri 22nd November
- Macmillan Cancer Support Jumble sale today 2pm -3:30pm in the Margaret Mack Room Rockland St Mary
- South Norfolk Help Hub Bulletin
- Remembrance Sunday service on 10th November at 10:50am
- Found. Lace ‘Scots Guards’ handkerchief
- Weekend alert!
- Carpet Bowls 15/11/2019 at 18:45 – 21:45 Parish Hall
- Yoga with Yasmina 18/11/2019 at 19:00 – 20:15 Surlingham village hall
- Parish Council Meeting 19/11/2019 at 19:30 – 21:00
- Table Tennis 20/11/2019 at 10:00 – 12:00 Rockland Parish Rooms
- Wheatfen Forrest School - Tiny Acorns 22/11/2019 at 10:00 – 12:00 Wheatfen Forrest School
- Carpet Bowls 22/11/2019 at 18:45 – 21:45 Parish Hall
- Quiz night at the ferry 22/11/2019 at 19:00 – 23:00 Surlingham Ferryn1 Ferry RoadnSurlinghamnNorfolknNR14 7ARnUnited Kingdom