Surlingham Parish Council
Minutes of the meeting held 19 July 2022
Present: Councillors John Broom, Pat Scowen, Dave Swinborne, Phil Reeve, Pam Wilson, Janet Rogers Parish Clerk.
- Welcome by the Chairman – The chair opened the meeting
- Apologies and approval of absences – Councillors Atkins and Thomson
- Declarations of Interest – None
- To approve as accurate the minutes of the meeting on 21 June 2022 – Approved
- Matters arising from those minutes – School bus route – School transport team replied on 8th July 2022 ‘We are still trying to resolve the situation and those involved will be notified as soon as possible’. The Staithe – Water safety sign has been installed.
- Progress report for information on items not on the agenda: Chairman/Councillors/Clerk. Councillor Scowen to propose vote of thanks to John Martin in appreciation for his work on the allotment footpath and play garden – Approved. As Mr Martin refuses to be recompensed for fuel for the mower it was suggested a £30 gift voucher be purchased in appreciation of this – Agreed
- To receive reports from the County and District Councillor – reports have been received and will be published on Surlingham.org.
- Public Question Time 15 minutes unless directed by the chairman of the meeting – No parishioners attended.
- Flooding: Contact AWA to request sewers are checked for blockages. Discuss Plan for redirection of run off from Mill Road to The Covey prior to sending to NFA – AWA will be contacted to ask if there is the possibility of them checking the health of the system before the Winter. The flood plan was discussed, and a meeting will be arranged with relevant landowners and other interested parties to discuss the feasibility of the plan. This will not be a parish council meeting.
- Finance – to approve and sign. a) Approve Quarterly Statement to 30 June 2022 – Approved. b) Compare expenditure to 30 June 2022 with 2022/23 Budget projection – Noted. c) Approve Financial Procedures – There are no changes to report – Agreed. d) Authorise Payments – Salary payments for July and August R Hardingham £285.32, J Rogers £777.07, CPRE Subscription £36, Norfolk Plant Hire (War memorial) £1800. Amazon A4 Paper £30.50, Minuteman Press £13.26. Pending a decision Item 12 insurance for field £280.80 Authorised.
- Traffic Calming approve application to Parish Partnership Fund 2023/4 – 20mph Flashing signs outside Primary School and Village Gate on LH of Mill Road Approved
- Community use of School Field Approve Letting agreement, Insurance and Sign – As soon as everything is in place a notice will be posted on Surlingham.org clarifying community use. Approved
- Parish Council’s response to the Planning Inspectorate – Appeal Beerlicks Loke ref 2021/048 – SNDC will provide the PI with all previous comments therefore no further comment required.
- Date of next meeting 20 September 2022.
- Meeting closed at 08:30 p.m.