SURLINGHAM PARISH COUNCIL
Clerk and Responsible Finance Officer
The Parish Council are looking for an experienced administrator or existing Clerk looking for a new or additional mainly home-based role for 32 hours per month.
We are 7 councillors seeking a new Clerk to:
- Organise and attend 11 evening council meetings per year, prepare agendas and write minutes
- Maintain/update the village website and noticeboard
- Maintain/update files and documents
- Implement the Council’s decisions
- Attend to email correspondence
- Raise invoices for the hire of the Parish Hall
- Manage the finances, prepare the annual budget, and report finances to the Council
- Advise the Council
- Be the first point of contact for the public
Hourly rate is £13.21, home working allowance of £26.00 per month and Vehicle travel rate of .45 per mile.
To apply, and request a copy of the job description, email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org If you would like an informal chat with the current Clerk, please call Janet on 01508 538921
Closing date is 13 January 2023