SURLINGHAM FESTIVAL 2016
Saturday 10th September, 1pm-4pm, Padmaloka
Countdown – just 17 weeks to the Festival!
- The committee are organising a pre-Festival FUNdraising event to cover initial Festival costs incurred prior to the event. This will take place on Saturday 16th July in the form of Rock ‘n’ Roll evening at the Village Hall, with live music, a Rock ‘n’ Roll dancing demo & competition, a licensed bar and food & snacks. More information about this will be published over the coming weeks.
- We’ve already heard that there are some local crafters and gardeners getting ideas and preparations underway for the ‘Homemade in Surlingham’ and ‘Home produced in Surlingham’ stalls and exhibits. Don’t forget to get those jams and chutneys made in time for them to mature too!
- If you get carried away with the sunshine and start your Spring cleaning, don’t forget to put aside any unwanted bric-a-brac or books etc. to fill the Festival stalls. Think recycle!
- Please urge any local groups that you are a member of to consider taking on a game or activity to run at the Festival – it will fundraise for your group (20% of your takings!) as well as for the Festival fundraising pot!
- And could you help out on the day for a couple of hours? We will need lots of community spirited volunteers and we will keep the tea flowing!
- We will be posting regular communications and posters on the village website to keep everyone informed on how things are going and to let you know how you can get involved.
Contact the Festival Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.