Appointment of Trustees to the Church and Town Lands Charity
Every three years the Parish Council appoints four parishioners to join the board of Trustees of the village charity. Applications are invited to fill those positions with effect from April 2021.
Assets owned by the charity generate an income which is distributed within Surlingham in accordance with the charity’s objectives.
- The relief of financial hardship either, generally or individually, of people living in Surlingham.
- To assist in the provision of facilities in the interests of social welfare for recreation or other leisure time occupation of individuals who have need of such facilities by reason of their youth, age or infirmity or disability, financial hardship, or social circumstances with the object of improving their conditions of life.
The trustees are also responsible for stewardship of the lands owned by the charity.
Trustees must meet the following criteria:
- A resident of Surlingham
- Aged 18 or over
- Must not be a disqualified company director
- Must not have an unspent conviction for an offence involving dishonesty or deception (such as fraud)
- Must not be an undischarged bankrupt
- Must not have a current composition or arrangement including an individual voluntary arrangement (IVA) with their creditors
- Must not have been removed as a trustee of any charity by the because of misconduct or mismanagement
How to apply
Send details of your reasons for applying, together with information about yourself and what you feel you can offer the Trust to: Janet Rogers Parish Clerk, 1 Broadfields Way, Rockland St Mary, NR14 7HJ or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like further information, or have any questions, do please contact the Clerk using the email address above.
***Closing date for applications 28 February 2021***