Paul Staniforth from Bramerton is currently updating the research on the history of the ‘Ferry’ and the adjacent Inn.
The history of the ferry itself goes way back to 1586 and almost certainly existed a century or more before that. Extensive research was undertaken in 19xx before the days when www was easily accessible.
Paul is using this to source photographs held by private collectors as well as supplementary information concerning trade on the river at that time. He is particularly keen to get his hands on a photograph of the MTB 653 probably owned by the Norwich Sea Cadets which mored up in his memory about 30 years ago. Any significant historical events press cuttings or B/W or sepia prints would be welcome.
Call Paul on 01508538195
Information received from Paul Stainforth