Search the site
- Farm reared beef still available at Yare Valley Farm Shop!
- The Water Rats Jazz Band at Surlingham Ferry
- The Barn’ at Rockland re-opens with Literary event
- Parish Council Reminder – Overgrown Hedges and Roadside Obstructions
- County and District Councillor Thomson’s report for July
- The Great British BBQ at Teles Patisserie!
- Yare Valley Beef is in the Farm Shop fridge & it’s Fish Van day!
- South Norfolk Community Awards 2021
- Photos from Sylvia’s funeral
- Farm reared BEEF in the Farm Shop!
- Today’s Church Service
- Fish Van at the Farm Shop TODAY!
Upcoming events-as far as we know.
- Water Rats Jazz Band at the Ferry 02/08/2021 at 12:00 – 15:00
- Fish van at Yare Valley farm shop 05/08/2021 at 10:30 – 16:00
- Celtic Prayer 10/08/2021 at 10:00 – 11:00 St Mary's Church, Surlingham
- Fish van at Yare Valley farm shop 12/08/2021 at 10:30 – 16:00
Author Archives: alderfenmarshes
We are delighted to welcome James Hookway to Alderfen Marshes on Saturday 17th of July to share his experience and expertise in making charcoal and biochar using the Hookway retort and biochar kiln. A charcoal retort provides an extremely efficient … Continue reading
Mr Jinks has been found safe, well and purring. Thank you.
Mr Jinks went missing from Common Road this morning. Please contact John Gillam on 07918 670072 with any info / sightings. Thank you.
If you’re looking for a creative and relaxing way to spend your day next Saturday, there are a couple of places left on the spoon-carving workshop at Alderfen Marshes, suitable for beginners or people with some previous carving experience. More … Continue reading
Pop into Yare Valley Farm Shop and look right for the answer… We’re delighted that wild water-mint tea, grown locally on Alderfen Marshes in Surlingham, is now available at Yare Valley Farm Shop as loose-leaf tea, in convenient tea bags … Continue reading
The Bank Holiday has come and gone but the Summer is certainly still here with ideal weather for a paddle around Surlingham Broad and beyond… Canadian canoe hire from Alderfen Marshes is open to Surlingham residents – ideal for exploring … Continue reading
The winding waters of Surlingham Broad are a natural gem, right on our doorstep, best explored by canoe. As the days draw out and the weather warms, a peaceful paddle provides a perfect way to pass a few hours, unwind … Continue reading
When it comes to a delightful dawn chorus, there are few better than that over Surlingham Broad and surrounding marshes. This May we are taking to the water in Canadian canoes every Wednesday morning to immerse ourselves in cheeps, tweets, … Continue reading