Search the site
- Eat Scrumptious – Mother’s day treat box & new cookie flavours
- Police Connect Community Update 26 February 2021
- Norfolk County Council – Flood Protection Grants
- Simon has been found.
- UPDATE: Simon has been found
- Reminder – Would you like to get involved in your Community?
- New Fish Van at the Farm Shop opening times!
- Surlingham Parish Council – Draft Minutes 16 February 2021
- Teles Patisserie weekend menu
- Norfolk County and South Norfolk District – reports for February
- This week’s Sunday Zoom & Video Services, Prayer for Care Vigil, Lent Group and World Day of Prayer.
- Planning Application – 2021/0304
Upcoming events-as far as we know.
- Fish van at Yare Valley farm shop 04/03/2021 at 10:30 – 16:00
- Celtic Prayer 09/03/2021 at 10:00 – 11:00 St Mary's Church, Surlingham
- Fish van at Yare Valley farm shop 11/03/2021 at 10:30 – 16:00
- Parish Council Meeting 16/03/2021 at 19:30 – 21:00
Author Archives: alderfenmarshes
If you’re looking for a creative and relaxing way to spend your day next Saturday, there are a couple of places left on the spoon-carving workshop at Alderfen Marshes, suitable for beginners or people with some previous carving experience. More … Continue reading
Pop into Yare Valley Farm Shop and look right for the answer… We’re delighted that wild water-mint tea, grown locally on Alderfen Marshes in Surlingham, is now available at Yare Valley Farm Shop as loose-leaf tea, in convenient tea bags … Continue reading
The Bank Holiday has come and gone but the Summer is certainly still here with ideal weather for a paddle around Surlingham Broad and beyond…
The winding waters of Surlingham Broad are a natural gem, right on our doorstep, best explored by canoe. As the days draw out and the weather warms, a peaceful paddle provides a perfect way to pass a few hours, unwind … Continue reading
When it comes to a delightful dawn chorus, there are few better than that over Surlingham Broad and surrounding marshes. This May we are taking to the water in Canadian canoes every Wednesday morning to immerse ourselves in cheeps, tweets, … Continue reading
Garden Obelisk – Willow Weaving WorkshopSunday 7th April: 10.00am – 1.00pmAlderfen Marshes A practical willow weaving workshop making an attractive and useful Garden Obelisk from locally sourced willow; a natural support for climbing plants such as sweet peas and runner … Continue reading
Saturday 30th March: 9.30am – 4.30pm A workshop for would-be wood-whittlers; the spoon-carving workshop on Alderfen Marshes is an interactive and enjoyable introduction to green wood-carving. Under expert guidance from Monica Cass, you can let your creative juices flow as … Continue reading