Search the site
- Pot Washers Wanted at Coldham Hall
- Latest from the Farm Shop
- Eat Out to Help Out at Coldham Hall
- Eat out to help out at the Ferry
- Rockland St Mary Surgery opens Monday 3rd August
- Joba has returned, thanks villagers!
- Have you seen Joba the cat?
- Surlingham Parish Council – Draft Minutes 21 July 2020
- Garage Sale
- The Play Park is now open again!
- Do you know who this inflatable belongs to?
- UPDATE: Mobile phone reunited with owner
- Surlingham Staithe – Update on Progress
- Live music and Dinner at The Terrace in Loddon this Saturday
- Playful Picnics for shielding families at Wheatfen Forest School
- July 19th Church Service at 10am in Rockland St Mary
- Lots of beef in the Farm Shop!
- Surlingham Parish Council – Agenda – 21 July 2020
- Our Church reopens today at 10am
- Injured cat on The Green
Author Archives: alderfenmarshes
If you’re looking for a creative and relaxing way to spend your day next Saturday, there are a couple of places left on the spoon-carving workshop at Alderfen Marshes, suitable for beginners or people with some previous carving experience. More … Continue reading
Pop into Yare Valley Farm Shop and look right for the answer… We’re delighted that wild water-mint tea, grown locally on Alderfen Marshes in Surlingham, is now available at Yare Valley Farm Shop as loose-leaf tea, in convenient tea bags … Continue reading
The Bank Holiday has come and gone but the Summer is certainly still here with ideal weather for a paddle around Surlingham Broad and beyond…
The winding waters of Surlingham Broad are a natural gem, right on our doorstep, best explored by canoe. As the days draw out and the weather warms, a peaceful paddle provides a perfect way to pass a few hours, unwind … Continue reading
When it comes to a delightful dawn chorus, there are few better than that over Surlingham Broad and surrounding marshes. This May we are taking to the water in Canadian canoes every Wednesday morning to immerse ourselves in cheeps, tweets, … Continue reading
Garden Obelisk – Willow Weaving WorkshopSunday 7th April: 10.00am – 1.00pmAlderfen Marshes A practical willow weaving workshop making an attractive and useful Garden Obelisk from locally sourced willow; a natural support for climbing plants such as sweet peas and runner … Continue reading
Saturday 30th March: 9.30am – 4.30pm A workshop for would-be wood-whittlers; the spoon-carving workshop on Alderfen Marshes is an interactive and enjoyable introduction to green wood-carving. Under expert guidance from Monica Cass, you can let your creative juices flow as … Continue reading