Search the site
- Surlingham Temporary Road Closure 16th to 18th February 2022
- Parish Council – Two Casual Vacancies
- Home Library Service – Would this service help you or perhaps you could be a volunteer
- How has The Highway Code changed?
- Parish Council – Draft Minutes 18 January 2022
- One Million Trees For Norfolk
- Sunday 23rd January 10am Family Church service.
- County and District Councillor Vic Thomson’s reports for January 2022
- What to do in an Emergency
- Weekend Menu at Teles Patisserie
- Burns Night at the Ferry House
- Burns Night at The Ferry House Friday 28th January
Upcoming events-as far as we know.
- Fish van at Yare Valley farm shop 03/02/2022 at 10:30 – 16:00
- Celtic Prayer 08/02/2022 at 10:00 – 11:00 St Mary's Church, Surlingham
- Fish van at Yare Valley farm shop 10/02/2022 at 10:30 – 16:00
- Parish Council Meeting 15/02/2022 at 19:30 – 21:00
Author Archives: alderfenmarshes
The winding waters of Surlingham Broad are a natural gem, right on our doorstep, best explored by canoe. As the days draw out and the weather warms, a peaceful paddle provides a perfect way to pass a few hours, unwind … Continue reading
When it comes to a delightful dawn chorus, there are few better than that over Surlingham Broad and surrounding marshes. This May we are taking to the water in Canadian canoes every Wednesday morning to immerse ourselves in cheeps, tweets, … Continue reading
Garden Obelisk – Willow Weaving WorkshopSunday 7th April: 10.00am – 1.00pmAlderfen Marshes A practical willow weaving workshop making an attractive and useful Garden Obelisk from locally sourced willow; a natural support for climbing plants such as sweet peas and runner … Continue reading
Saturday 30th March: 9.30am – 4.30pm A workshop for would-be wood-whittlers; the spoon-carving workshop on Alderfen Marshes is an interactive and enjoyable introduction to green wood-carving. Under expert guidance from Monica Cass, you can let your creative juices flow as … Continue reading