Search the site
- Grape Picker (1-2 persons) required for TOMORROW MORNING (Tuesday 27th).
- The Ferry House today
- Household Waste in the Grit Bin!
- Charlie Haylock & ‘The Dig’, 15th October, Bergh Apton Church
- Speed Activated Machine (SAMs) – Volunteers required
- The Ferry House closed Monday 26th September
- Teles Patisserie is back!
- Creative writers’ group – new members welcome
- Book of Condolence – Queen Elizabeth II
- Parish Council meeting 20 September 2022
- Sunday’s services and local arrangements for the day of the Queen’s Funeral. Queen’s eulogy by Rev Nick.
- Ballet for all! (Relatively local)
Upcoming events-as far as we know.
- Fish van at Yare Valley farm shop 29/09/2022 at 10:30 – 16:00
- Fish van at Yare Valley farm shop 06/10/2022 at 10:30 – 16:00
- Harvest Festival 09/10/2022 at 11:00 – 12:00 St Mary's Church, Surlingham
- Celtic Prayer 11/10/2022 at 10:00 – 11:00 St Mary's Church, Surlingham
- Fish van at Yare Valley farm shop 13/10/2022 at 10:30 – 16:00
- Charlie Haylock and 'The Dig' 15/10/2022 at 19:00 – 22:00 Burgh Apton Church
Author Archives: alderfenmarshes
Mr Jinks went missing from Common Road this morning. Please contact John Gillam on 07918 670072 with any info / sightings. Thank you.
If you’re looking for a creative and relaxing way to spend your day next Saturday, there are a couple of places left on the spoon-carving workshop at Alderfen Marshes, suitable for beginners or people with some previous carving experience. More … Continue reading
Pop into Yare Valley Farm Shop and look right for the answer… We’re delighted that wild water-mint tea, grown locally on Alderfen Marshes in Surlingham, is now available at Yare Valley Farm Shop as loose-leaf tea, in convenient tea bags … Continue reading
The Bank Holiday has come and gone but the Summer is certainly still here with ideal weather for a paddle around Surlingham Broad and beyond… Canadian canoe hire from Alderfen Marshes is open to Surlingham residents – ideal for exploring … Continue reading
The winding waters of Surlingham Broad are a natural gem, right on our doorstep, best explored by canoe. As the days draw out and the weather warms, a peaceful paddle provides a perfect way to pass a few hours, unwind … Continue reading
When it comes to a delightful dawn chorus, there are few better than that over Surlingham Broad and surrounding marshes. This May we are taking to the water in Canadian canoes every Wednesday morning to immerse ourselves in cheeps, tweets, … Continue reading
Garden Obelisk – Willow Weaving WorkshopSunday 7th April: 10.00am – 1.00pmAlderfen Marshes A practical willow weaving workshop making an attractive and useful Garden Obelisk from locally sourced willow; a natural support for climbing plants such as sweet peas and runner … Continue reading
Saturday 30th March: 9.30am – 4.30pm A workshop for would-be wood-whittlers; the spoon-carving workshop on Alderfen Marshes is an interactive and enjoyable introduction to green wood-carving. Under expert guidance from Monica Cass, you can let your creative juices flow as … Continue reading