Search the site
- Farm reared beef still available at Yare Valley Farm Shop!
- The Water Rats Jazz Band at Surlingham Ferry
- The Barn’ at Rockland re-opens with Literary event
- Parish Council Reminder – Overgrown Hedges and Roadside Obstructions
- County and District Councillor Thomson’s report for July
- The Great British BBQ at Teles Patisserie!
- Yare Valley Beef is in the Farm Shop fridge & it’s Fish Van day!
- South Norfolk Community Awards 2021
- Photos from Sylvia’s funeral
- Farm reared BEEF in the Farm Shop!
- Today’s Church Service
- Fish Van at the Farm Shop TODAY!
Upcoming events-as far as we know.
- Water Rats Jazz Band at the Ferry 02/08/2021 at 12:00 – 15:00
- Fish van at Yare Valley farm shop 05/08/2021 at 10:30 – 16:00
- Celtic Prayer 10/08/2021 at 10:00 – 11:00 St Mary's Church, Surlingham
- Fish van at Yare Valley farm shop 12/08/2021 at 10:30 – 16:00
Author Archives: Padmaloka
I’m very sorry to say that because of the coronavirus we won’t be hosting the usual Halloween display at Padmaloka this year. You can rest assure though that the monsters are being well fed and cared for and will be … Continue reading
For the past four months now we have been running online retreats for Buddhists across UK and Europe, and sometimes the world, using the online conferencing tool ‘Zoom’, as well live-streaming on YouTube. They have been largely successful and have … Continue reading
We’ve taken the decision to stop hosting retreats and guests at Padmaloka until the end of June, this hasn’t been an easy decision to come to and does, of course, come at a significant cost to the charity, but in … Continue reading
We regret to inform you that this year we will not be opening our gates to the trick-or-treat-ers of Surlingham during Halloween. We have just been informed that our teacher and founder Urgyen Sangharakshita has died, and so as a … Continue reading
Various local cats visit the Padmaloka garden and enjoy exploring the place. We’re sorry to report however that a cat we don’t recognise visited the garden a couple of days ago and we since found that it had died here. … Continue reading
The proposed housing development sites in Surlingham, mentioned in previous posts as part of the Greater Norwich Development Plan, can be seen on this page: http://www.gnlp.org.uk/assets/parishes/Surlingham%20CP_mapBook.pdf To comment on them see this page, item 5.73: https://gnlp.jdi-consult.net/localplan/readdoc.php?1&docid=13&docelemid=d5234 You can view the map … Continue reading
Dear all, just to let you know one of our neighbours, Chris, came round this morning to inform us about a dangerous branch that has split in the high winds. It is overhanging the road and verge on The Green … Continue reading